1. Co-investigator: MRC-funded study on “Determinants of effectiveness of a novel community health workers programme in improving maternal and child health in Nigeria”. February 2015 till date.
2. Principal investigator: WHO/TDR- funded Impact Grant on “Building capacity of users and producers of evidence in Health Policy and Systems Research for better control of endemic diseases in Nigeria” 2014 -
3. Principal investigator: RESYST-funded study on “Analysis of purchasing arrangements in Nigeria”. November 2013 -.
4. Co-investigator: RESYST-funded study on “Implementing the National Primary Health Care Development Fund in Nigeria: How ready is the health system to ensure good governance and accountability?” 2013 -.
5. Principal investigator: RESYST-funded study on “Increasing Fiscal Space and Effect on Public Health Spending: A Case Study in Lagos State, Nigeria”. April 2013 to 2014.
6. Principal investigator: Political economy and institutional assessment for decentralization of SIDHAS HIV/AIDs activities in Nigeria. Funded by FHI360, Feb 2013 to 2014.
7. Principal investigator: Analysis of catastrophic health expenditures on HIV/AIDS treatment on households in Nigeria. Funded by FHI360, Feb 2013 to 2014.
8. Co-investigator: 3ie funded study on - The Better Obstetrics in Rural Nigeria (BORN): An Impact Evaluation of the Nigerian Midwives Service Scheme
9. Co-investigator: Optimizing PMTCT Service Delivery in Rural North central Nigeria: Protocol and Design for a Cluster Randomized Study. Funded by NIH to Friends for Global Health. Feb 2013 till date.
10. Principal investigator: PATHS2/Abt associates funded study on “Willingness to pay for health insurance for clients of Micro-Finance Banks in Lagos state. December 2011 to 2012.
11. Principal investigator: PATHS/MVI funded study on “The Economic Burden of Malaria in Nigeria”. 2010 to 2011.
12. Co-investigator: The Inter-Academy Medical Panel (IAMP) – funded project on “Reducing Maternal and Perinatal Mortality in Nigeria: A Needs Assessment Study” with Nigerian Academy of Science. 2011.
13. Co-investigator: AHPSR-funded study on “National Health Insurance Scheme in Nigeria: an analysis of constraints and enabling factors to adoption and implementation” 2010 to 2011.
14. Principal investigator: UNFPA funded study on “Willingness to pay for contraceptives in Nigeria” 2010
15. Co-investigator: CREHS funded study on “Examining the links between accountability, trust and performance in health service delivery in Tanzania and Nigeria” 2009
16. Principal investigator: ACT consortium/Gates Foundation funded study on equity and cost-effectiveness analysis of alternative strategies for the deployment of artemisinin-based combination therapy (ACT) at the community level. July 2008 to 2012.
17. Principal investigator: CREHS funded study on “Benefit and financial incidence analysis of different healthcare financing mechanisms in Enugu and Anambra states, Nigeria” 2007 to 2008.
18. Principal investigator: World Health Organization funded study on “Feasibility of Community Based Health Insurance (CBHI) scheme for Financial Risk Protection in Southeast Nigeria: An equity analysis”. 2007 to 2008.
19. Principal investigator: CREHS funded study on “An assessment of policy development and implementation process of District Health System in Enugu state Nigeria” 2006 to 2007.
20. Co-Investigator: CREHS funded study on “Community Based Health Insurance Scheme in Anambra State, Nigeria: an analysis of policy development, implementation and equity effects” 2006 to 2007.
21. Principal investigator: Gates Malaria Partnership-funded study on " Private and public providers of malaria treatment services in Anambra state, Nigeria: socio-economics of improving access to appropriate care" 2003 to 2006.
22. Principal investigator: World Bank-funded study on "Feasibility of voluntary private insurance in Nigeria" 2005.
23. Principal investigator: Study on "Benefit incidence analysis of anti-retroviral treatment in Enugu, Nigeria” 2005 to 2006.
24. Principal investigator: TDR/WHO-funded "Socio-economic differentials in access to malaria treatment, and community's preferences for interventions to ensure equitable, timely and appropriate treatment of malaria in Nigeria" 2002 to 2004.
25. Principal investigator: AHPSR-funded study on "Assessing the effects of different financing mechanisms on equity in access to and utilisation of primary health care services and developing a strategy for increasing the use of the services by the poor in Nigeria." 2002 to 2004.
26. Principal investigator: IDRC-funded study on "Socio-economic differences in home-treatment of malaria and use of a novel community-based worker system to improve equitable access to appropriate treatment of malaria" 2002 to 2004.
27. Co-investigator: TDR/WHO-funded study on "A comparative population-based longitudinal study of socio-economic and biological components in monotherapy versus combination therapy for malaria in Nigeria". 2001 to 2002.
28. Principal Investigator: TDR/WHO-funded study on "Willingness to pay for insecticide-treated nets in Nigeria: Validity and Reliability of three contingent valuation elicitation techniques" 1999 to 2000.
29. Principal investigator: TDR-funded study on Economic analysis and Willingness to pay for insecticide-treated nets (ITNs) and community financing of annual ITNs re-impregnation. 1997 to 1998.
30. Principal investigator: TDR-funded study on Community financing of onchocerciasis control using ivermectin in Nigeria - design, implement and evaluate a novel scheme. 1995 to 1997.
31. Co - investigator: WHO director's initiative - funded study on "Drug distribution channels in Nigeria"1993 to 1994.
CURRENT IMPLEMENTATION AND RESEARCH INTERESTS:
1. Implementation Research
2. Health Technology Assessment
3. Universal Health Coverage
4. Innovations in Health Technology
5. Financial Risk Protection, especially different health insurance mechanisms
6. Equity in health and healthcare
7. Health Sector Reform and Development of Health System Backbones
8. Health Policy and Systems Research for scaling-up access to essential health care services
9. Economic analysis/evaluation of health care programmes
10. Economic burden of communicable and non-communicable diseases
11. Reliability and validity of contingent valuation (willingness to pay) method
12. Getting research into strategy, policy and practise (GRIPP and GRISPP)
Membership of professional bodies
Publications (Articles and Journals)