Works Services Department
Works Services Department is an engineering outfit of the University statutorily committed to the following functions:
- Maintenance and up-keep of public buildings and furniture
- Maintenance and up-keep of residential buildings and furniture
- Maintenance and up-keep of roads and drains in the University
- Maintenance, up-keep and beautification of the environment
- Provision of water, electricity and communication services, their up-keep and maintenance
- Maintenance and up-keep of plants and equipment
- The up-keep, maintenance repairs of Universitys mobile vehicles including cars, lorries, tractors, crane and other road vehicles
- Maintenance and repairs of electronic and other equipment used in the teaching laboratories, and in other departments of the University
- The acquisition of real property and its management with the advent of Estate office.
To build a maintenance department that will be responsive to the demands of the University and offer acceptable service delivery to its stakeholders.
- To pursue hard-work with high standard of professionalism
- To encourage honesty and integrity in service
- To provide the enabling environment for effective academics in the university
Goal and Objectives:
- To ensure maintenance of all facilities on campus to an acceptable level of functionality
- To ensure continual personnel training with adequate provision of equipments for optimal performance.
- To ensure total computerization of the department for effective performance
- To establish a modern technology driven maintenance system rapid response to faults.