TRAINING OF THE UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA DRIVERS BY THE FEDERAL ROAD SAFETY CORPS
Following representations from key officials of this University on the need to re-train the University of Nigeria drivers in order to ignite in them the ethics of their profession, the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) have been contacted and they have accepted to do the for this University.
Consequently a meeting of some University Stakeholders was convened to articulate modalities for the training. They included the following: Director, Works Services, Chief Security Officer, PAR, (Personnel Services), Deputy Director, (Legal Services), Director, Quality Assurance, and Director, SERVICOM Unit.
At the end of the meeting, the following criteria were established for the training.
- For Whom: All University Drivers, including all those that drive official vehicles (but are not designated “drivers”), and all University mechanics shall benefit from the training.
- Number Expected: About three hundred (300) participants are expected from all our three campuses.
- Date of the Training: Tuesday, September 27, 2016 for Nsukka Campus; and Thursday, September 29, 2016, for Enugu/Ituku Ozalla Campuses.
- Venue: E.C, Niger Room for Nsukka Campus and Main Hall, UNEC, for Enugu Campus/Ituku Ozalla Campus.
- Time:00am – 2.00pm for the specified days.
- Invitation: All participants shall be invited to the training through official letters.
- Focus of the Training:
- Safety on the Highway
- Work Ethics of Official Drivers
- Highway Code
- Driving Ethics
The Vice-Chancellor has kindly approved the above recommendations and the Committee is organizing the training for the University Drivers, in collaboration with the FRSC, as scheduled.
Professor Chikelue Ofuebe
Director, SERVICOM Unit