SCHOLARLY COMMUNICATION RESEARCH GROUP
Concept Note: Knowledge economy is a critical indicator of development in many countries of the world. That is why many developed countries are investing heavily in research and development. The universities and other higher institution of learning are at a vintage position in conducting research aimed at solving the problems of the society. These research results are usually disseminated to the global research community through scholarly communication. The most common method of scholarly communication is by writing up the findings of research into an article to be published in scholarly journals; however, there are many other methods, such as publishing a book, book chapter, conference paper, and – particularly in the arts and humanities – multimedia formats such as sound and video recordings. Apart from the establishment of electronic journals/books, the new information and communication technology has provided another platform of research communication, popularly known as e-scholarly communication and Institutional Repositories (IR) which many researchers are increasingly adopting wider dissemination of their publications and increased global visibility.
Research focus: The research focus of the group are:
- Research collaboration
- Research productivity and visibility
- Building of institutional repositories
- Digital library services
- Journal Impact factor analysis
Membership: The group is composed of twelve members and these are their profiles
Profile of Members
- Ezema, Jonas Ifeanyichukwu (CLN, Ph.D) is a Principal Librarian with Nnamdi Azikiwe Library University of Nigeria. Dr. Ezema holds Bachelors Degree (BA) in Library Science/English, Masters in Library and Information Science (MLS) and (Ph.D) in Information Science from University of Nigeria, Nsukka. He is currently the Digital Librarian, University of Nigeria Library. He has published research papers in many international and local journals. Email: email@example.com
- Jonas U. Ezema is a Senior Librarian and currently head of Bibliographic Control Unit, Nnamdi Azikiwe Library University of Nigeria Nsukka. He is a chartered Librarian of Nigeria (CLN). He holds a B.SC in Education/Political Science and MLS (Master degree in Library and Information Science from University of Nigeria, Nsukka. He has published several articles in local and international journals. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brendan E. Asogwa is a Senior Librarian. He holds a DPA, BSC and MLS from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka. Mr. B.E. Asogwa was the head, Government Documents and archives 2005-2008; Circulation 2011 -2013, and now Cataloguing Section 2013 – date. Mr. Asogwa has published many articles in reputable local and international journals. Presently he is a doctoral student of Library and Information Science, University of Nigeria, Nsukka. His research interest includes electronic government, electronic records and archives management and service quality in academic libraries.
- Dr. (Mrs.) Victoria N. Okafor is a senior Librarian. She holds B.Ed University of Ibadan, M.ED (1996), MLS (2000) and Ph.D (2008) in Library and Information Science from University of Nigeria, Nsukka. She teaches and supervises masters, postgraduate diploma and undergraduate students of Department of Library and information Science. Her research interests are bibliometric studies, open resources, information seeking and user studies. She is a member of Librarians’ Registration Council of Nigeria (LRCN). She has reviewed many journal articles both locally and internationally. email@example.com
- Ukwoma, C. Scholastica is a Senior Librarian. She holds B.Sc, MLS in Library and Information Science and currently a Ph.D student in Library and Information Science. She is a registered member of Librarians’ Registration Council of Nigeria (LRCN). Her research interest is Digital Library management. She has many published articles in both local and international journals. She has also attended many conferences and fellowship prominent among them is the award of commonwealth fellowship and Carnegie professional Development fellowship. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Richard Ndubuisi Clement Ugwuanyi is a Librarian and heads the Africana section of Nnamdi Azikiwe Library, University of Nigeria, Nsukka. He holds B.A, MED, MLS, and Ph.D in Library and Information Science. His research areas include administration of academic libraries and stress management in libraries. Dr. Ugwuanyi has published in many national and international journals. He is happily married with children.
- Dim, Chibuzor Livina is a Librarian I in Nnamdi azikiwe Library of the University of Nigeria Nsukka. She is a chartered Librarian (CLN). She holds MLS in Library and Information Science department and she is currently a Ph.D student in the same department. Her research interest includes collection development in the information age, libraries and indigenous knowledge and ICT utilization in school libraries. She has published papers in so many reputable journals both nationally and internationally.
- Mrs. Ezi O. Njoku is a librarian at Nnamdi Azikiwe Library, University of Nigeria Nsukka. She has the following qualifications: MLS degree in Library and Information Science (2011), M.Sc. (Analytical Chemistry, 2004) and B.Sc (Sc. Ed). in Edu/Chem (1998). Her research interests include information access and retrieval for sustainable development. She is married with children. Phone No.: 08064180316 E-mail: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Chika Phoebe Madumere is an Assistant Librarian with Nnamdi Azikiwe Library, University of Nigeria, Nsukka. She is a member of Nigerian Library Association (NLA). Her academic qualifications are: Bachelor of Arts in Education B.A/ED (ENGL) and Degree of Master of Library and Information Science (MLS). She is currently a (Ph.D) student in Library and Information Science and has research interest in application of ICT in library services, Preservation and Archival Librarianship. She has also attended local and national conferences and has several publications both nationally and internationally.
E-mail – email@example.com
- Mr. Ishiwu, Benedict N. is an Assistant Librarian in Special Collection Division (Africana) of Nnamdi Azikiwe Library, University of Nigeria, Nsukka. He possesses a bachelor degree in Fine and Applied Arts and a diploma in Library and Information Science all from University of Nigeria, Nsukka. Presently he is pursuing a Master degree programme in Library and Information Science. He has some papers to his credit. His main research interest includes ICT and library automation.
- Miss Felicia N. Ugwu is an Assistant Librarian in Nnamdi Azikiwe Library University of Nigeria, Nsukka. She has both Bachelor and Masters Degrees in Library and Information Science from the same university and currently a doctoral student. She has published articles in local and international journals and has attended many conferences, workshops and seminars.
- Iwundu, Nkiruka Eucharia is a System Analyst in Nnamdi Azikiwe Library, University of Nigeria, Nsukka. She holds a B.Eng, MLS, M.ENG, a Commonwealth Professional Fellow (2013) and a researcher. Her research interest includes Digital library services, resources and institutional repository management. E-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org