- Release of Funds under TETFund Academic Staff Training and Development (AST&D) Intervention
Approval has been granted for sponsorship of the study programme of the under listed applicants (3 Nos.) under the TETFund AST&D intervention as indicated below. They should visit the Desk Office, CEC Seminar, UNN for further necessary action.
|S/No.||Candidate||Programme of Training||Institution where Training is Tenable||Commencement Date of Training||Amount Approved for training||Duration of Study|
|1.||Trevor Vermont Morgan||PhD Arts||University of Kwazulu-Natal, South Africa||Jan – 18||N15,622,000.00||3 years|
|2.||Nwadikwu Kenneth I.||PhD Pharmacology||Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, Anambra State||Sept – 17||N4,500,000.00||3 years|
|3.||Asadu Victor Chinedu||PhD Arts||Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Uli, Anambra State||Sept – 17||N3,600,000.00||3 years|
- TETFund AST&D INTERVENTION: SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION
Intending applicants for the AST&D Intervention are to please kindly note the following:
- Applicants must be Full-time Confirmed Academic Staff who have secured admission to pursue a full-time Master degree or Doctorate degree programme of study at HOME or ABROAD.
- Scholars applying for local sponsorship would not be sponsored if they are to study at the University where they also work. Inbreeding will not be supported.
- Only scholar pursuing a doctorate degree in University in Nigeria other than where they work is entitled for sponsorship to travel abroad for Bench Work.
- Online or part-time programme do not qualify for TETFund sponsorship.
- Only applications for sponsorship in top ranked Universities abroad (i.e. top 20% and 10% in each country, respectively, for developed and developing countries as per World University Ranking of Times Higher Education) will be considered.
- First Batch applicants are required to submit their applications and complete all necessary processes of submissions including obtaining Medical Certificate, signing of Bond Form etc before 30th March, 2018.
- For OVERSEA sponsorship, deadline of registration for the study programme must not be less than 3 months at the time of submission, whereas for LOCAL sponsorship the admission must not be over 6 months for Masters degree and 12 months for Doctorate degree.
Prof. Anene, B. M.
Chairman TETFund Committee/TETFund Desk Officer