UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA, NSUKKA
To: BENEFICIARIES From: TETFUND COMMITTEE
Our Ref: UN/RC.250/TFC/ Date: 26th November, 2018
DISBURSEMENT OF FUNDS FOR TETFUND RESEARCH PROJECTS
- The under listed applicants (18 Nos.) whose research proposals were selected and recommended to TETFund for funding under Institution-Based Research (IBR) Intervention are hereby notified that their funds are ready for disbursement.
- Please note that the amount disbursed represents 60% first tranche of the total cost of the project. The second tranche payment of 40% will only be released when the Researcher must have published at least one article from the findings of the research in 1st Quartile or two articles in 2nd Quartile Journals, evidence of which should be submitted to TETfund.
- TETFund should be acknowledged as the sponsor of the research in a footnote in the first page of a paper citing the research project no. (TETFUND/DESS/UNI/NSUKKA/2017/RP/VOL.I)
- The Lead Researcher is to open an IBR Bank account into which the funds will be credited.
- Quarterly progress reports by the researchers are to be forwarded to the Fund for monitoring purposes. The quarterly reports should be regularly submitted until the entire intervention is completed and closed out.
- Upon completion of the Research Projects, you are expected to forward to TETFund a close out/completion report (including copies of the financial receipts obtained in respect of the Research Projects). You are also required to forward three (3) bound copies of the Research Report for the Research Project within three (3) months of completion.
- A pre-disbursement meeting with all beneficiaries is scheduled as follows;
Date: Monday 3rd December, 2018
Time: 11:00 am prompt
Venue: TETFund Office CEC SEMINAR BUILDING, UNN
|S/NO.||RESEARCH TITLE/TOPIC||DURATION OF RESEARCH||NAME OF LEAD RESEARCHER + No. OF CO-RESEARCHERS||AMOUNT RECOMMENDED||1ST TRANCHE RELEASE (60% OF TOTAL AMOUNT RECOMMENDED|
|1.||Molecular Characterization of Anti-fungal Resistance in Candida and Analysis of the Evolutionary Relatedness of Candida Spp. Responsible for Invasive Candidiasis in Veterinary and Human Hospitals in South East Nigeria||12 Months||Dr. Anthony C. Mgbeahuruike + 2||1,070,000.00||642,000.00|
|2.||Development and Implementation of E-teaching Capacity Building Programme for Training University Lecturers in South Eastern Nigeria||12 Months||Dr. Benardine Ifeoma Onah+1||540,000.00||324,000.00|
|3.||Solar System Based Static Electric Power Generator with Back-up||9 Months||Engr. Dr. Nnadi Damian B. N. +2||1,549,039.00||929,421.60|
|4.||Kinetic Modeling of Municipal Solid Waste (MSW) and Livestock Waste Co-composition||12 Months||Engr. Dr. Nwoke Oji Achuka +2||1,200,000.00||720,000.00|
|5.||Development of Two-phase Synchronous Generator for Single-phase Load Supplies||12 Months||Engr. Prof. Emeka S. Obe +4||1,230,000.00||738,000.00|
|6.||Preparation of an Oral and Thermostable Fowl Typhoid Vaccine||12 Months||Dr. Ebele Onuigbo +1||1,200,000.00||720,000.00|
|7.||Development of Automotive Piston from Palm Kernel Ash Nanoparticles Reinforced Aluminium Alloy Synthesis by Double Layer Feeding-stir Casting Method||12 Months||Engr. Associate Prof. V. S. Aigbodion +1||1,200,000.00||720,000.00|
|8.||Improving the Public Sector Accounting: A Study of Public Agencies in South-East Nigeria||7 Months||Dr. Edwin Madu Izueke +4||460,000.00||276,000.00|
|9.||The Effect of Chemotherapy on Oxidative Stress and Renal Pathology in Trypanosoma brucei Experimentally Infected Dogs||12 Months||Dr. Akpa Polycarp O. +1||1,000,000||600,000.00|
|10.||Evaluation of the Energy and Protein Requirement of Growing Local Turkeys in a Hot Humid Tropical Environment||12 Months||Prof. Augustine O. Ani +1||1,200,000.00||720,000.00|
|11.||Evaluation, Isolation and Characterization of the Hepatoprotective Principle(s) in the Leaf Extract of Pterocarpus santalinoides DC||12 Months||Dr. Thelma Ebele Ihedioha +3||1,200,000.00||720,000.00|
|12.||Socio-administrative and Religious Factors Affecting Livestock Production, Disease Surveillance and Control in South-East Nigeria||6 Months||Prof Sylvia U. Agu +2||550,000.00||330,000.00|
|13.||Developing of Aesthetic Education Programme for Adults in Realization of Sustainable Development Goal (11) in River State||5 Months||Prof. S. C. Nwizu +1||543,000.00||325,800.00|
|14.||Synthesis, Characterization and Properties Studies of some Heterobimetallic Complexes of Schiff Base System Derived from 2,3-Dihydroxybenzaldehyde||12 Months||Assoc. Prof. L. N. Obasi +1||890,000.00||534,000.00|
|15.||Geophysics Investigations of Groundwater Potentials, Vulnerability and Management in the Nsukka Campus of University of Nigeria, Nsukka, Enugu State||12 Months||Prof. Daniel N. Obiora +1||1,200,000.00||720,000.00|
|16.||Economic Cost of Treatment of Childhood Acute Otitis Media and Tosillitis in Enugu South East Nigeria||6 Months||Dr. James O. Akpe +1||1,050,000.00||630,000.00|
|17.||Prospects and Potentials of Using Crowdfunding for Sustainable Financing of Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) in Southeast Nigeria||12 Months||Dr. I.C. Nwakoby +1||665,000.00||399,000.00|
|18.||Cross over Trial of a Personalized Food Avoidance Dietary intervention to improve control of Essential Hypertension||12 Months||Prof. Chijioke Pascal Chioli +8||705,000.00||423,000.00|
Prof. Anene, B. M. Ph.D, FCVSN (JP)
Chairman TETFund Committee/TETFund Desk Officer