YOUNG INNOVATORS FORUM UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA, NSUKKA
Young Innovators Forum is a South-East Regional Youth Forum established to increase youths and students involvement in the promotion of creativity and innovative ideas. It is a platform where students around the South-East Region meet to sharpen their innovative skills and tackle global and social challenges for sustainable development in Nigeria. It is a platform of opportunity for young innovators with business action to face challenges that will push their abilities to the next level. The forum is organized Special Education Unit, Innovation Centre and Youth Friendly Resources Centre of University of Nigeria, Nsukka. The forum is aimed at addressing young people and seeks to provide a sustainable platform for young innovators. The plan is to deliver essential feedback to Nigeria youths on challenges, accomplishments and actions related to implementation of self-reliant and innovative skills.
Our goal is to bring Nigerian youths together annually to think critically, creatively and innovatively in order to develop multiple innovative concepts that will help transform the nation.
Our vision is to empower the youths to be more productive, creative, industrious, focused and more determined to succeed while in school and or after school.
Aims and Objectives
- To train, empower and build future young innovators and entrepreneurs through an annually organized workshop.
- To give moral and academic training and support to the youths through empowerment programmes.
- To ensure good leadership, and focus on innovation through science and technology.
- To empower young people to build a vision for their future.
- To promote a culture of Innovation, Science and Entrepreneurship in the university.
- To raise more innovators and creative avenue for students to showcase their skills and talent.
- Design thinking
- Innovation and Creativity
- Talent Development Programme
- Train the trainer
Collaborative Partners within the University
- Special Education Unit, University of Nigeria, Nsukka
- Innovation Centre, University of Nigeria, Nsukka
- CEDR, University of Nigeria, Nsukka
- Youth Friendly Resources Centre, University of Nigeria, Nsukka
Proposed Corporate Social Responsibility outside the University
As part of the university’s commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility, below organizations and institutions are currently willing to partner with the Forum with series of developmental projects, there are:
- National Board for Technology Incubation Center, Abuja
- Federal Ministry of Science and Technology, Abuja
- Office of SSA to President on Youths and Students Affairs
- Concepts College, UK
- Prince Computer School, Nsukka
- National Coalitions of Nigerian Youths in South-East, Nigeria
C/o Special Education Unit
University of Nigeria, Nsukka
Associate Prof. Onu, V.C. (Programme Coordinator-08037786310)
Dr. Chigbo Mgbemene (Assistant Programme Coordinator – 080342637810
Dr. Olisa Okeke (Director, ICT/Innovation Centre – 08060029850)
Dr. Chinedum Aranotu (Director, Youth Friendly Resource Centre, UNN – 08034008700)
Prince Nweke (Volunteer Coordinator – 08064451455)
Chidinma Dede (Publicity Secretary – 08139152986)