Land and Environmental Valuation Research Group
Land and Environmental valuation are crucial in economics decision. Specifically Land valuations are increasingly considered important criteria in good land governance such land title registration, transfer, taxation, compensation and market analysis. The implementation of environmentally sustainable “green” practices has become a priority for many international clients and organizations that are keen to develop sustainable business models to boost their green credentials. However, there are keen to receive these advises on how to integrate environmentally responsible principles into real estate practice and provides up to date and practical recommendations on environmental legislations and new policy initiatives of government. The research group focuses on:
- Land taxation
- Environmental damages
- Sustainable Real Estate Development
- Economics of sustainability
- Green value initiatives
- Property market and socio-economic development
- Wetland valuation
Dr. Idu R Egbenta
Department of Estate Management
University of Nigeria, Enugu Campus
Composition of the Group and Brief CV
- Prof J U Ogbuefi is a professor of Estate Management, has been the Dean of the Faculty of Environmental Studies for several years and headed the Department of Estate Management for several years. He has published several articles on high rate local, national and international journals. His research interest is in the area of Investment appraisal, Land policy and urban land management.
- Prof G O Udo is a professor of Estate Management at the University of Uyo.
- He has published several articles on high rate local, national and international journals. His research interest is Environmental Valuation and investment analysis.
- Dr. I R Egbenta is Senior Lecturer in the Department of Estate Management and has head the Department for Several years. He holds a Ph.D in Estate Management. His area of specialization is in Urban Land Economics, Sustainable land use and wetland and environmental valuation. He has several publications to his credit in high rated national and international journals.
- Mr. D U Ifeanacho is a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Estate Management. He is currently a Ph.D student in the Department work in area of Land Policy. He specialised on land valuation for taxation and development. He has several Journal publications to his credits.
- Mr. P C Ogbuefi is a lecturer is the department. He is Ph.D student with department and currently working in area of Land Policy with emphasis on Customary Land Tenure System in Nigeria. He has several publications in reputable journals.
- Miss J O Akalemeaku is a lecturer in the department. She is currently a Ph.D student in the department working on Land Policy with particular emphasis on Access to Land and gender issues.
- Mr. D N Ehimere is a lecturer in the Department. He is Currently Ph.D student in the department. His area of research is in Housing with emphasis on Social Housing.
- Mr. Ifeanyi Ehimeje is a lecturer in the Department. He is Currently Ph.D student in the department. His area of research is in valuation and Housing with emphasis on Social Housing.
- Odu I Jonathan is a lecturer in the Department. He is Currently Ph.D student in the department. His area of research is in sustainability and globalization with emphasis on international economics.