NTINTENT TO FORM A RESEARCH GROUP
NEGLECTED TROPICAL DISEASES GROUP (NEGTRODIS-Group)
Certain diseases such as trypanosomiasis, leishmaniasis etc have remained endemic in the tropics and as a result do not receive adequate research attention globally. They have consequently being described as Neglected Tropical Diseases. The morbidity and mortality impact are still very high and unacceptable.
Therefore, the focus of this research group is to concentrate energy and synergize with global funding agencies in order to eradicate all neglected diseases of the tropics through targeted drug discovery, development and delivery in addition to approved non-drug strategies.
SUGGESTED RESEARCH GROUP MEMBERSHIP
The membership is mainly drawn from the Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences as follows:
- Pharm (Dr) E. O. Omeje
- Professor P. O. Osadebe FAS
- Professor C. J. Mbah
- M. O. Agbo
- P. F. Uzor
- W. O. Obonga
- N. J. Nwodo
- C. O. Nnadi
- Professor C. O. Ezeugwu
- C. E. C. Ugwoke
- Faculty of Medical Sciences (2 members)
- Faculty of Health Sciences and Technology (2 members)
- Faculty of Arts (1 members)
- Department of Parasitology (2 members)
- Department of Statistics (1 members)
- Department of Computer Science (1 members)
- Department of Physics (1 member)
- Department of Microbiology (2 members)
- University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital, Ituku Ozalla (3 members)
- University Medical Centres (1 member from each centre)
The group will collaborate with distinguished clinical researchers including Pharmacokinetics experts in other Pharmacy schools nationwide, other teaching hospitals in the different geographical zones of the country.
CV OF MEMBERS
The co-ordinator has at moment more than 50 impactful publications in reputable journals globally in addition to outstanding research experience from different laboratories in the world. As at moment, the CVs of the other selected membership are being collated but it is important to emphasize that ALL will be proven high profile researchers with evidence of scholarship. The top echelon in academia (Professors) will provide the leadership and drive.
Pharm (Dr). E. O. Omeje
E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; PHONE : +234-803-549-5441