• Studies designed to determine the levels, distribution and effects of chemical contaminants in biological and environmental samples.
• Developing and modifying existing analytical methods to detect chemical contaminants (trace metals, polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, and pesticide residues),
• Examining bioaccumulation, food-chain transfer and human exposure and risk assessment.
• Ecological risk assessment
• Water quality assessment
• Phytochemical studies on medicinal potential application of some plants