|Conferences and Workshops:
CONFERENCES ATTENDED WITH DATES
1. Co- operative learning- Effective Teaching Program and Implementation in the Classroom. Paper presented at National Conference on Educational Reforms and the Attainment of Millennium Development Goals, organized by Faculty of Education, University of Nigeria, Nsukka. 7th – 11th August, 2007.
2. Factors Associated with Manifestation of Autism among Primary School Pupils in Nsukka Urban. Paper presented at the Faculty of Education, University of Nigeria, Nsukka, at the International Conference. 17th- 21st June, 2008.
3. Impact of Enrichment Triad Model as Curriculum Strategy for Education of Gifted Students in a Selected Secondary School. Paper Presented on the 21st Annual Conference of the Curriculum Organization of Nigeria (CON) AT Nigerian Educational Research and Development Council, Abuja.17th- 20th September, 2008.
4. Attended Faculty of Education International Conference at University of Nigeria, Nsukka.13th- 16th May, 2009.
5. Teach ability of Critical Thinking- Perception of Teachers. Paper presented at the Faculty of Education University of Nigeria, Nsukka.19th- 22nd May, 2010.
6. Attended 20th Annual Conference of the National Council for Exceptional Children (NCEC) at Federal College of Education (Special), Oyo, Oyo State. 23rd- 27th- August, 2010. Paper presented - The effects of using classroom centers in teaching and learning in selected primary schools.
7. Attended International Conference on ICT for Africa, 2011 from 23rd- 26th- March 2011 at Covenant University & The Bells University of Technology, Ota, Ogun State Nigeria. Paper co authored by Obiyo, N. O. & Etonyeaku, E. C. A. –Integrating ICT as an integral teaching and learning tool for children with autism.
8. Attended an International Conference of the Institute of African Studies, University of Nigeria, Nsukka from 8th- 10th June, 2011.Paper co presented by Dr Onu,V.C; Dr Obiyo, N.O; Agbo, O.E; Udaya, J.C- Comparison of traditional and modern techniques of behavior modification in reducing adolescent behavioral problems in Nigeria.
9. Attended 55th International Conference organized by the ICET (International Council on Education for Teaching) World Assembly at the University of Glasgow (School of Education), Scotland from July 11th- 14th, 2011. Paper co authored by Dr Liziana Onuigbo- School climate and students’ self efficacy beliefs as factors for social inclusion of children with special needs in Nigeria.
10. Attended 21st National Annual Conference and Workshop of the National Centre for Exceptional Children at Sokoto State Polytechnic Sokoto from 25th July – 29th July, 2011- Paper co- authored with Dr (Mrs) Joy Anyanwu, J- A survey of the influence of home environment on the academic performance of children with emotional behavioral disorder.
11. Attended 12th Annual National Conference of the Home Economics Research Association of Nigeria (HERAN) 21ST – 24TH September, 2011. Papers co authored with Dr (Mrs) Joy Anyanwu- Socio economic factors of cybercrime: Implication for counseling & Survival strategies – a panacea for retirement challenges in Nigeria.
12. Attended First Sub- Regional Summit on Inclusive Education: West and Central Africa from 6th- 10th February, 2012 at University of Education, Winneba, Ghana. Paper co authored by Drs Onu, C, Eskay, M Ugwuanyi, L. . & Udaya, J.- Inclusion of Children with Emotional Behavioral Disorder in Nigerian Regular Schools.
13. Attended Faculty of Social Science Conference of Ignatius Ajuru University of Education Rumuolumeni, Port Harcourt, Rivers State from 17th -20th June, 2012. Paper authored by Drs Obiyo, N. O., Anyanwu, J. I., Ugwuanyi, L.- Children with Special Needs in Nigeria: Do their Parents have Peace?
14. Attended an International Conference of the Faculty of Education (ICFE) University of Nigeria from 4th – 7th June, 2012. Paper authored by Drs Ugwuanyi, L. N., Obiyo, N. O. & Igbo, J. N. – Curriculum Transformation for Enhancing the Learning Needs of Students with Visual Impairment in University of Nigeria Nsukka.
15. Attended 22nd National Annual Conference and Workshop of the National Center for Exceptional Children (NCEC) at College of Health Sciences, Benue State University Makurdi, from 6th – 10th August, 2012. Papers presented: 1. Obiyo, N. O. & Ugwuanyi, L. T. Meeting learning needs of children with hearing impairment in inclusive classrooms in Nigeria. 2. Obiyo, N. O., Anyanwu, J. I., Udagha, J. Total communication as panacea for children with hearing impairment in inclusive classrooms: Implications for regular teachers.
16. Attended 13th Annual International Conference of the Home Economics Research Association of Nigeria (HERAN) at University of Nigeria, Nsukka from 19th – 22nd September, 2012. Paper presented- Obiyo, N.O. & Onuigbo, L. N.: Perceived influence of parental involvement on academic achievement and personal socio behavior of children with autism, N. O. and Eze, C.
17. Attended Faculty of Education University of Nigeria, Nsukka Annual National Conference from 20th- 25th May, 2013. Paper presented- Obiyo, N. O., Igbo, J. N., Onu, V. C. Use of Technology for enhancement of job opportunities for children with emotional behavioral disorder.
18. Attended 14th Annual International Conference of the Home Economic Research Association of Nigeria (HERAN) 18TH-21ST September, 2013. Paper presented- Creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship for sustainable lifestyle- Onu, V. C., Obiyo, N. O., & Igbo, J. N.
19. Attended 23rd National Annual Conference and Workshop of the National Center for Exceptional Children (NCEC) held at University of Uyo from 7th- 12th August, 2013. Paper presented – An examination of regular teachers’ self – efficacy as a determinant of successful inclusion of students with disabilities. By Adaka, T. A. and Obiyo, N. O.
20. Attended 24th National Annual Conference and Workshop of the National Center for Exceptional Children (NCEC) held at Alvan Ikoku Federal College of Education, Owerri from 5th-8th August,2014. Paper presented – Occupation of parents as predictor of vocational aspirations of secondary school students: Implications for special needs education. By Obiyo, N. O; Eze, C. and Adaka, T. A.
21. Attended 16th World Council for Curriculum and Instruction (WCCI) held at Sandiego, California from 17th- 24th August, 2014. Paper presented- Parental socio economic status as predictor of vocational aspirations of secondary school students in Nigeria: Implications for peace, curriculum planners and special educators. By Obiyo, N. O and Eze, C.
22. Attended 20th Annual Conference of the Mid America Alliance for African Studies from 3rd – 4th October, 2014 at University of Kansas. Paper presented- The role of extended family in raising children with special needs: Implications for community based rehabilitation in Africa. By Obiyo, N. O; Onu, V. C and Onuigbo, L. N.
23. Attended 25th National Conference of the National Association for Exceptional Children (NAEC) from 5th- 9th August, 2015 at Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria. Paper presented- Some factors associated with the expression of giftedness among primary school pupils in Onitsha Urban. By Obiyo, N. O.
24. Attended 26th annual conference and workshop of the National Association for Exceptional Children (NAEC) from 8th August- 13th August 2016 at Abakiliki Ebonyi State Nigeria. Paper presented- Parents and teachers with social emotional behavioural disorder (SEBD): Implications for children and youths for sustainable development.
25. Attended 25th Annual National Conference of the Faculty of Education, University of Nigeria from 8th- 12th May, 2017. Paper co presented by Okigbo, D. N.-The Universal Basic Education for Sustainable Development: Implications for Persons with Special Needs.
26. Attended Division of International Special Education and Services (DISES) Roundtable at Sophia, Bulgaria from 25th-30th June, 2017. Paper co presented by Inyama, Uzochukwu- Factors associated with under utilization of instructional materials for teaching and learning of Chemistry in Nigeria: Implications for inclusive education.
WORKSHOPS / SEMINARS ATTENDED:
1. A3- Day Leadership Retreat Workshop by University of Nigeria, Nsukka on “ Positive Attitude for Teamwork and Productivity Improvement: The Emergence of New Expectations”. From 28th- 30th September, 2011
2. A 3 - Day Training Workshop for principals and Teachers for Universal Basic Education by Ebonyi State University in Collaboration with Ebonyi State Universal Basic Education Unit. Paper Presented- Assessment and Clinical Teaching of Children with Emotional Behavioral Disorder (EBD) in Inclusive Classrooms from 5th – 7th October 2011
3. A 3- Day Retraining Workshop for Caregivers on” Effective School Health Programs and General Sanitation” by Ebonyi State Universal Basic Education Board .From 29th – 3rd December, 2011.
4 Attended a 3- Day Workshop on “ Concept and Principles of Trans- disciplinary , Teaching Methods in the University System, Skills in Writing Research Proposals on Climate Change Adaptation, and Stakeholder input into the Draft Research Policy of the University of Nigeria’ From 5th-7th March, 2012.
5 A 3 - Day Workshop on Social Research Methods for Post Graduate Students and New Lecturers in Faculties of Arts, Education and the Social Sciences on Essential Social Research Methods. From 20th – 22nd March, 2012.
6 A 2- Day Workshop on Trans- disciplinary Research Methods, Curriculum for Building Climate Change Adaptation Skills and Review of Proposals for Gants. From 23rd-24th April, 2012.
7 One day Capacity Building Workshop on Scholarly Thinking and Writing by the Faculty of the Social Sciences, University of Nigeria, Nsukka- 13th June, 2012.
8 Workshop/ Seminar- A One Day workshop/ seminar (Colloquium) organized by the Faculty of Education, University of Nigeria, Nsukka- Scholarly Writing and the Challenges of the Impact Factor. 19th March, 2012.
9 Attended a 3 week staff training/ seminar /workshop at Missouri State University and University of Kansas from 20th September 2014- 7th October, 2014.
10 A 2- day workshop on: innovation and creativity organized by Special Education Unit, Innovation Center, Multi – Education Service Trust and Youth Friendly Resources Center, University of Nigeria, Nsukka from 4th- 5th August, 2016.
11 One day workshop organized by Division of International Special Education and Services at Teteven, Bulgaria (Teteven Professional Development Day) on 29th June, 2017.
Membership of professional bodies
Publications (Articles and Journals)