Professor Christian Onyeji, as a lecturer, has taught several courses in music which include Composition, Theory of Music, African Music, Analysis of Music, Keyboard Studies/Harmony, Applied Music Studies, Performance Studies, Performance Workshops, Seminars, etc at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. He also supervises music research projects at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. He has successfully supervised over 30 Masters Degree students in Music.
1. External Examiner, Music Department, Federal College of Education, Okene, Kogi State , 2004 to 2006.
2. External Examiner, Music, College of Education Ankpa. 2005- 2006
3. External Assessor, Music Department, Federal College of Education, Okene, Kogi State, 2008.
5. External Examiner for (ELEMENTS OF CROSS-CULTURAL MUSIC COMPOSITION: THE CREATION OF ESIDIALO- A SAMIA MARRIAGE SUITE BY GABRIEL JOSEPH MUSUNGU) for Doctor of Literature Et Philosophy in Musicology, Department of Music, University of South Africa (UNISA), 2009.
6. External Examiner, Music Department, Federal College of Education, Pankshin, Plateau State, 2011 to date.
7. External Examiner, Department of Music, Nnamdi Azikiwe, University, Awka, Anambra State, Nigeria, 2012 to date.
8. External Examiner, Department of Music, University of Pretoria, South Africa, for Doctoral Thesis, 2013 of:
A. (SINGING ‘THE THIRD CHIMURENGA’: AN INVESTIGATION OF THE USE OF MUSIC AS AN IDEOLOGICAL TOOL IN THE POLITICAL MOBILIZATION OF ZIMBABWE’S LAND REFORM PROGRAMME 2000 TO 2010 BY BRIDGET CHINOURIRI, REGISTRATION NUMBER 26569061, A DOCTOR OF MUSIC STUDENT OF DEPARTMENT OF MUSIC UNIVERSITY OF PRETORIA);
B. David Nkosi, Modern African Classical Drumming: An examinable instrumental option for South African school Music curriculum, 26419824, Doctor of Music
9. Department of Music, North-West University, Potchefstroom, South Africa, 2015.
10. External Assessor, Department of Music, Delta State University, Abraka.
11. External Examiner, Delta State University, Abraka.
Area of Specialization
Membership of professional bodies
Publications (Articles and Journals)