|Publications (Articles and Journals):
Current research and publications
1. Ogbonna JDN, Inya-Agha SI, Kenechukwu FC, Momoh MA, Chime SA and Attama AA (2013) Evaluation of six herbal plants used in the treatment of malaria in south-eastern Nigeria: A review. Int. J. Pharm. Res. Bioscience 2(1) 148-167.
2. Ugwu MC, Ikegbunam MN, Nduka SO, Attama AA , Ibezim EC and Esimone CO (2013). Molecular characterization and efficacy of antibiotic combinations on multiple antibiotic-resistant Staphylococcus aureus isolated from nostrils of healthy human volunteers. J. Pharm. Sci. & Res. 5(1), 26 – 32.
3. Uronnachi EM, Ogbonna JDN, Kenechukwu FC, Attama AA, Okore VC (2013). Formulation and in vitro/in vivo evaluation of zidovudine contained in solidified reverse micellar delivery system in immune compromised rats. J. Applied Pharm. Sci. 3(2) 031-035.
4. Chime SA, Attama AA, Onunkwo GC (2012) Sustained release indomethacin-loaded solid lipid microparticles, based on solidified reverse micellar solution (SRMS): In vitro and in vivo evaluation J. Drug Deliv. Sci. Tech. 22(6), 485-492.
5. Umeyor EC, Kenechukwu FC, Ogbonna JD, Chime SA, Attama AA. (2012). Investigation of solidified reverse micellar systems as novel carriers for oral delivery of gentamicin. Journal of Pharmacy Research 5(9),4914-4920.
6. Onuigbo EB, Okore VC, Ofokansi KC, Okoye JOA, Nworu CS, Esimone CO, Attama AA (2012) Preliminary evaluation of the immune-enhancement potential of Newcastle disease vaccine formulated as a cationic liposome. Avian Pathology, 41:4, 355-360.
7. Builders PF, Mbah CC, Attama AA (2012). Intrinsic and functional properties of a gelling gum from Dioclea reflexa: A potential pharmaceutical excipient. British Journal of Pharmaceutical Research 2(1): 50-68, 2012.
Selected previous publications
1. Umeyor, CE, Kenechukwu FC, Ogbonna JDN, Chime SA, Attama AA (2012). Preparation of novel solid lipid microparticles loaded with gentamicin and its evaluation in vitro and in vivo. J. Microencapsul. 29(3):296–307.
2. Madu KC, Ukoha PO, Attama AA (2011). Spectrophotometric determination of lamivudine using chloranilic acid and 2,3-Dichloro-5,6-dicyano-1,4-benzoquinone (DDQ). American Journal of Analytical Chemistry, 2011, 2, 849-856.
3. Bamigbola EA, Ibrahim MA, Attama AA, Uzondu AL (2011). In vitro-in vivo correlation of four commercial brands of aspirin tablets marketed in Nigeria. African Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, 5(14), 1648-1654.
4. Charles L, Attama AA (2011). Current state of nanoemulsions in drug delivery. Journal of Biomaterials and Nanobiotechnology, 2, 626-639.
5. Esimone CO, Attama AA, Ngwu G, Iloabanafo CA, Momoh MA, Onaku, LO (2011). Mosquito repellent activity of herbal ointments formulated with Occimum gratissimum oil. Journal of Pharmacy Research. 4(10) 3442-3444.
6. Momoh M A, Adikwu MU, Ibezim EC, Attama AA (2011). Effect of metformin and Vernonia amygdalina leaf extract loaded PEGylated mucin formulation on haematological, kidney and liver indices of healthy and diabetic rats. Journal of Pharmacy Research. 4(10).
7. Attama AA (2011). SLN, NLC, LDC: State of the art in drug and active delivery. Recent Patents on Drug Delivery & Formulation 5(3): 178-187.
8. Attama AA, Reichl S, Müller-Goymann CC (2009) Sustained release and permeation of timolol from surface modified solid lipid nanoparticles through bio-engineered human cornea. Current Eye Research 34(8) 698-705.
9. Attama AA, Weber C, Müller-Goymann CC (2008) Assessment of drug permeation from SLN formulated with a novel structured lipid matrix through artificial skin construct bio-engineered from HDF and HaCaT cell lines. J. Drug Deliv. Sci. Technol. 18(3) 181-188.
10. Attama AA, Müller-Goymann CC. (2008) Effect of beeswax modification on the lipid matrix and solid lipid nanoparticle crystallinity. Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects. 315, 189-195.
11. Attama AA, Schicke BC, Paepenmüller T, Müller-Goymann CC (2007). Solid lipid nanodispersions containing mixed lipid core and a polar heterolipid: Characterization. Eur. J. Pharm. Biopharm. 67, 48-57.