Speech and Lecture by Vice Chancellor, University of Nigeria Nsukka, Professor Benjamin Chukwuma Ozumba, during the launching of the E-Market place project which was held on Tuesday, February 23rd, 2016 at the Princess Alexander Auditorium.
In his speech he stated;
This is the first of its kind in the history of our great University and it is in line with our vision of widening the magnitude of our interactions with the business community within and outside the University. The project is thus geared towards harmonizing and harnessing the financial benefits of all operated businesses, market spaces and facilities within the University, through an online electronic platform.
Included in the project are biometric identity cards which will be issued to all traders on site to improve security and effective monitoring of people who are engaged in various types of businesses on our site.
The project is aimed at:
- Creating and Managing an e-Market platform that will host the details of all University commercial facilities/spaces and their operators
- Issuing biometric identity cards for business operators on the three campuses of the University.
- Determining appropriate levels of charges and rents to optimize University Income
- Registering all businesses with regularized rent and charges
- Issuing appropriate tenancy agreements to support above
- Liaising with and providing relevant information to the University security Department
- Liaising with the bursary Department to ensure that all accruable revenues are properly paid into designated University account