- Name of Journal-The Nigerian Journal of Development Studies (NJDS), Editor Professor Osita Ogbu (Director Institute for Development Studies).
Editorial Board Members: Professor Charles Soludo, Professor Ukwu, I Ukwu, Professor Francis Okafor, Prof Ikechwukwu Chidobem, Professor Ralph Akinfeleye,
- The current address of the journal: Institute for Development Studies, University of Nigeria, Enugu Campus
- The scope of the journal: Development Studies, Applied Social Sciences.
- Previous and current issues of the journals – Table of contents with abstracts and/or full texts (attached )
- Current websites of the journals: Nil
- Current publishers of the journals: Institute for Development Studies
- Strengths and Weaknesses of the journals: (Strengths ) -Name and Reputation , wide readership and reach based on its long existence and diversified coverage of development issues, Collaboration with other Universities, research centres and Institutions in book/journal exchange. WEAKNESSESS: Break in publication with papers submitted for publications in arrears.
- Opportunities and Threats of the journals: Wide market in Nigeria, the West African sub-region and Diaspora. Resuscitated research programmes of the Institute which will feed into publications.
Threats: (i)Charging of Publication fees which often results in the publication of low quality papers, (ii) Online publishing vis- avis the weak ICT standing of the Institute as well as(iii) epileptic power supply, (iv)Poor subscription and funding,(v) retirement of the only production editor of the journal with no succession.
- Strategies to enhance the capacity of the journals: (i) Work in progress to appoint a robust editorial advisory board with tenure. (ii) Constitution of a committee to advise IDS management on ways of reorganizing the entire publication unit of the Institute for Development Studies.(iii) Appointment of a managing Editor of the Journal.
- Any other information.
To support the resumption of serious business of publication the Institute requires financial support/grant from the University for some time.
Dr Umoh, Boniface