UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA, NSUKKA
JOINT UNIVERSITIES PRELIMINARY EXAMINATIONS BOARD (JUPEB)
ADMISSION INTO THE JOINT UNIVERSITIES PRELIMINARY EXAMINATIONS BOARD (JUPEB) PROGRAMME FOR 2016/2017 ACADEMIC SESSION
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Joint Universities Preliminary Examinations Board (JUPEB) programme for 2016/2017 session.
The programme leads to the award of JUPEB certificate which enables candidates gain Direct Entry Admissions into University of Nigeria, Nsukka and other JUPEB-affiliated Universities in Nigeria and Abroad.
1. Visit the University Portal- unnportal.unn.edu.ng
2. Click on “Prospective students”
3. Click on “Online Application Forms”
4. Click on “Generate Payment Invoice” under 2016/2017 Joint Universities Preliminary Examination Board programme.
5. Provide your Phone number and Click Submit.
6. Fill in the Relevant fields and submit the form, take your invoice to the bank and make your payment.
7. Return to this link (Here) and enter your Remita number.
8. Proceed with the completion of the application form.
9. Correctly enter your details.
10. Submit your application.
11. Print out your acknowledgement slip.
Candidates should check the website from time to time for the actual date of the entrance examination and other relevant information
UNN 2016/17 ADMISSION SCREENING APPLICATION ADVERT
This is to inform all prospective students of University of Nigeria, Nsukka who selected her as their University of First Choice in the 2016 UTME and scored 200 and above that the Admission screening application form is available now.
The portal for registration opens on Tuesday 12th July 2016 and closes on Tuesday July 26th, 2016.
INSTRUCTIONS TO CANDIDATES OFFERED PROVISIONAL ADMISSIONS FOR THE 2015/2016 ACADEMIC SESSION
Candidates offered provisional admission are required to adopt the following guidelines to regularize their acceptance of the offer:
1) Visit the University of Nigeria website (http://www.unn.edu.ng) or portal (unnportal.edu.ng), log in your JAMB Registration number to generate and download a unique Payment Invoice for acceptance fee. Take the Invoice to any branch of Zenith bank, UBA, Fidelity Bank, Access Bank and First Bank on the e-tranzact platform to pay twenty five thousand naira (N25,000.00) acceptance fee. Ensure that the Invoice Number is keyed in appropriately at the bank and obtain a confirmation slip containing a Confirmation Number and your Invoice Number.
2) Visit the University of Nigeria website (http://www.unn.edu.ng) or portal (unnportal.edu.ng) again and login your JAMB Registration Number, the Confirmation Number and Invoice Number, then print the Admission slip and complete the Acceptance Form online.
3) Proceed with other fee payments and registration as indicated on the University of Nigeria website.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE 2015/2016 ADMISSION LIST
A.I. Okonta, FCAI, FIIA
TED is a nonprofit devoted to spreading ideas, usually in the form of short, powerful talks (18 minutes or less). TED began in 1984 as a conference where Technology, Entertainment and Design converged, and today covers almost all topics — from science to business to global issues — in more than 100 languages. Meanwhile, independently run TEDx events help share ideas in communities around the world. TEDx was created in the spirit of TED’s mission, “ideas worth spreading.” It supports independent organizers who want to create a TED-like event in their own community.
Our event is called TEDxUNN, where x = independently organized TED event. This is the first ever TEDx event in UNN. At our TEDxUNN event, TEDTalks video and live speakers will combine to spark deep discussion and connection in a small group. The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TED program, but individual TEDx events, including ours, are self-organized.
This independent TEDx event is operated under license from TED.
Date: Sat. July 1st 2017
Venue: Niger Hall, University Guest House, UNN
Time: 08:00 am prompt
Interested in attending the first ever TEDx in UNN? Apply at bit.ly/TEDxUNNapplication
Nigerian Association of Technologists In Engineering Workshop….
6th Supplementary Admission for Postgraduate Studies for 2016/2017 Session
Click to DOWNLOAD
“It first began as a dream in 1934 in the mind of a 30 year old Nnamdi Azikiwe. He saw a desperate need to nurture from our own land, home grown elites, who would not be dictated by the influence of colonialism.
Azikiwe’s educational philosophy lays bare to his idea of a rounded institution, with admirable utilitarian tendencies; this, constituted the core of his vision for the University of Nigeria.
Timeline in the Den: Here is a nothing to something story; a documentary film on the history of indigenous University education in Nigeria. The Nsukka experiment.
It tells the story of how “Nsukka” revolutionized University education in Nigeria, and its contributions to national development.
Shot in 24 states of the federation and 3 countries overseas, it is one of the most researched documentaries on education in Nigeria. It has 78 eminent interviewees who corroborated with the narrator to tell the story of this prestigious University in a timeline fashion, from inception. It is also spiced with dramatizations, art illustrations and beautiful originally scored music.
The research for this documentary began as far back as 2013, steadily gaining momentum and credibility because of the adept resource persons and consultants who employed their wealth of knowledge in seeing that a timeless masterpiece like this was brought to fruition
If you have never liked history, this will surley change your mind.
Title: Timeline in the Den
Duration: 115 minutes
Release date: October 2017″
The Vice-Chancellor, Professor Benjamin Chukwuma Ozumba invites members of Senate, staff and students of the University of Nigeria as well as members of the public to the 120th Inaugural Lecture of the University.
The Lecture is titled, “Newborn Surgery in a Developing World: Dissecting the Gains, Challenges and Advances”, and will be delivered by Professor Sebastian Okwuchukwu Ekenze (Professor of Paediatric Surgery) of the Department of Paediatric Surgery, University of Nigeria, Enugu Campus.
The event commences at 1:00 pm at Moot Court, University of Nigeria, Enugu Campus of the University on Thursday, June 29, 2017.
Professor Kenneth C. Ofokansi
Chairman, Senate Ceremonials Committee
INTERNET DOWNTIME INFORMATION TO THE UNIVERSITY COMMUNITY
The new Optical Fiber Cable link that will provide a far better internet service to the Nsukka campus of the University of Nigeria, has just been completed. In view of this, there will be internet service downtime from 12:00 noon to 3:00pm today to enable the change over from the old link to the new link.
We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences this may cause the University community.
ICT Network Team
Head of Department: Okwor E. O—– Associate Professor
Secretary: Mrs Okagu U.—————Executive officer
Dr Onuoha E. O————————-Chief Technologist
Mrs Ngwu M.I————————–Principal Technologist