Prof. NWEZE Noble Jackson.
|Conferences and Workshops:
1. Annual Conference of the Nigerian Association of Agricultural Economists at ABU, Zaria. Dec. 4 – 5, 1986 Traditional Self-Help Organisations (SHOs) in Agricultural Development in Nigeria
2. Conference on Massive Cultivation of Fruits and Vegetables, in Anambra State. 21/07/87, Enugu Role of Economic Fruit Tree in Rural Development in Nigeria (Joint Author)
3. Workshop on Quality Care for All Children at CRDC, UNN, 22 – 28 Feb. 1987. Economic Factors Affecting Quality Care for All Children
4 National Committee Conference on Pest Control, Benin, 3 – 6 May, 1988 Pest Control for Small-Scale Farmers: The Role of DFRRI (Joint Author)
5. Workshops on Implementation Techniques for Rural Development Projects at CRDC, UNN, June 22 – 27, 1987 Techniques of Evaluation Methods Decision-making and results in Rural Development etc.
6. Workshop on Fish Farmers and Extension Staff at CRDC, UNN, Jan. 11 – 22, 1988 Feasibility Study for fish Farming
7. Training workshop on National Agricultural Finance and Credit Administration NAFCAT at CRDC, UNN, May 22 – 27, 1988. Supervision, Monitoring and Management of Defaults in Agriculture
8. Workshop on Rural Development through Village Adoption Scheme, Owerri, 3 – 4 March, 1988 Monitoring, Supervision and Education in Village Adoption Scheme.
9. National Workshop on Agricultural Finance and Credit Administration, CRDC, UNN, Sept. 17 – 21, 1990 Project Appraisal Methods – Discounted and Undiscounted Measures.
10. National Conference on Unified Agricultural Extension System and Women in Agriculture Ijebu-Ode, Ogun State, Feb. 11 – 14, 1991. Techniques of Working with Women Farmers in the Transfer of Technologies for the South (Joint Author)
11. EEC-Sponsored Conference on Financial and Non-Financial Issues in Cooperative Research CRDC, UNN, Feb. 12 – 14, 1992. Problems of Promoting Cooperatives in Traditional Areas
12. UNDP Training Workshop for Fisherfolk/Farmers on Agricultural and Credit Management and Organization, 1996. Nature and Formation of Cooperatives.
13. UNDP Workshop on Handling, Storage and Preservation of Agricultural Produce, CRDC, UNN, 1997 Marketing of Stored Food Produce.
14. International Conference on Biodiversity Measuring and Monitoring, at Bioresource Dev. And Conservation Programme Secretariat, Nsukka, April 20 – 30, 1997. Economic Valuation of Non-Timber Products in Products in Tropical Forests.
15. International Conference on Nutritional and Antioxidant Aspects of Diseases of the Tropics Sponsored by UNESCO, in Harare, Zimbabwe 5 – 9, Nov. 1997. Macroeconomic Adjustment Policies and Malnutrition Alleviation in Africa.
16. 14th Annual Southeast Zonal Workshop of the Research Extension Farmer Input Linkage (REFILS) on the theme: “The challenges of REFILS towards poverty Alleviation in the New Millennium”. Umuahia, 9 – 12th November 1999. Agricultural Produce Processing and Marketing: A Strategy for Poverty Alleviation in the New Millennium
17. Annual conference of the Nigerian Association of Agricultural Economics (NAAE), University of Nigeria, Nsukka, June 11 – 13, 2001. Agricultural financing through equipment leasing: Implications for farm resources use by farmers in Plateau State
18. Annual conference of the Nigerian Association of Agricultural Economics (NAAE), University of Nigeria, Nsukka, June 11 – 13, 2001. Agricultural Resource Productivity among Small scale Farmers; the case of Smallholder Oil Palm Project Farmers in Imo State.
19. National Conference on Environment and Poverty Alleviation in the New Millennium. Dept. of Geography, University of Nigeria, Nsukka. August 6 – 10, 2001. Implementing Effective Local Management of Forest Resources in Poor Forest Communities of Nigeria.
20 Community Driven Development Distance Learning Training of Trainers Workshop, August 25-31, 2002 Kampala, Uganda. None
21 Facilitators’ Training on World Bank/FGN Fadama 11 Project on Community Driven Development, December 8 – 23, 2003 Various papers on Community Driven Development and Participatory Monitoring and Evaluation Techniques
22 Facilitators’ Training on World Bank/FGN Fadama – 11 Project, January 8 – 25, 2004. Ditto
23 National Conference of Agric Economists, 2007 Two papers with MSc supervisees
24 Research Appraisal meeting in Dakar, Senegal organized by International foundation for Science Oct 6-10, 2007 Led A Research Team
24 Farm Management Association of Nigeria Annual Conference Mon 8 to 11 Sept. 2008 at University of Agriculture, Makurdi, Benue State, Nigeria The role of information and communication technology (ICT) in promoting agro-based enterprises in Enugu State, Nigeria. Co-authored with Opata ,P.I.
25 Farm Management Association of Nigeria Annual Conference Mon 8 to 11 Sept. 2008 at University of Agriculture, Makurdi, Benue State, Nigeria Orthodox arguments against approaches to agro-industrial promotion in developing economies (co-authored with Etowa, E. and Agbugba, I. K.
Area of Specialization
Membership of professional bodies
Publications (Articles and Journals)