Call for Applications: TRECCAfrica I Staff Exchanges now open!
Applications open: 11 February 2016 | Close: 26 March 2016
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP
Academic and Administrative Staff members at partner universities in the TRECCAfrica I Consortium may now apply for the TRECCAfrica I Staff Exchange scholarship, to spend 1-3 months at one of the partner universities:
- Mekelle University, Ethiopia
- Stellenbosch University, South Africa
- University of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- University of Ghana, Ghana
- University of Nairobi, Kenya
- University of Nigeria Nsukka, Nigeria
Applicants should develop a mobility proposal which outlines the proposed staff exchange, in the form of a research project, guest lecturing, training or administrative tasks or projects which contribute to the host and/or home institution. Submitted proposals will be evaluated by the TRECCAfrica Board, comprising representatives from the local TRECCAfrica coordination offices per country (the International Relations Offices and academics working in the related subject fields covered by the scholarship) in addition to representatives from the relevant host department in which applicants request to be hosted.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR STAFF MOBILITY
For staff to be eligible for TRECCAfrica I scholarships, they need to comply with the following criteria:
- Be a national or resident of the countries covered by the scholarship;
- Work at or be associated through full-time employment with a Higher Education Institution in the partnership (see above);
- There must be an agreement between the candidate and his/her proposed host university regarding the modules to be taught by the visiting lecturer, the type of research to be conducted, the type of training to be followed or the administrative tasks to be undertaken;
- Support from the supervisor or department from the home university of the candidate;
- Be able to travel and take up the mobility opportunity (between 1-3 months, subject to discussion with host) between 01 May 2016 and 31 July 2016.
- One roundtrip flight ticket and reimbursement of visa application costs;
- A monthly subsistence allowance of 1000EUR to cover accommodation expenses, travel in-country and monthly living expenses;
- Insurance coverage for the period of mobility (travel, accident and health).
HOW TO APPLY
Transdisciplinary Training for Resource Efficiency and Climate change Adaptation in Africa
TRECCAfrica is an Intra-ACP Academic Mobility scheme, financed by the European Commission. This communication reflects the views of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained herein.
Coordinating Partner: Stellenbosch University, South Africa
tel: +2721 808 9155 | fax: +2721 808 3799
The integrity and confidentiality of this email is governed by these terms / Hierdie terme bepaal die integriteit en vertroulikheid van hierdie epos. http://www.sun.ac.za/emaildisclaimer